Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Gorbyblock


When I start to feel defeated
fed up w/ microscopes and cell-fate

I take my bicycle right down the stairs
into the city streets

I'd open my eyes just to invent you
find a disguise I can see through
White mice and iodine...? maybe another time

aah... a sweet and sour molecule
moving like a galaxy
a book of recipes
a breath or two and she was just like smoke to me

I saw you turn a corner at Union-Square
I'm pretty sure you saw me standing there

I tried to follow you but lost you after several blocks
down a street that once was called the Gorbyblock
We stopped and watched the block become the Gorbyblock

It's so hard to find your body and soul
cause I lost you in the crosstown traffic

Bring your body to my soul
Deliver me from this spiritual insecurity

I saw you ridin' through the street like you're swimming in the ocean
Your voice sailed over cars and cabs
It sounded like slow motion

You see me standing still and staring at a tree
looking at the way you made a picture out of me

i felt so drawn...
When i turned back from the tree to the city streets you were gone

Take this message to my soul
Deliver me from my

surrealistic, cabalistic, synesthetic,
  kaleidoscopic, rocketscienced, cell-fated ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment