David water colored at five.
David went swimming at the Y.
David pitched in Little League. David had Archie Comics.
David went to Camp Emma Farm. David went to the Ivy School of Art.
David performed stand-up comedy in his Freshman year at Ohio Wesylan in the Dad’s
Day Fall Festival. Our parents and I drove up for the event. He played trumpet in the band too but was looking over his notes for the stand up routine during the set.
David played Ping Pong and Dean Martin.
David drove Corvettes and a Mercury Cougar with hide-a way head lights.
David went swimming at the Y.
David pitched in Little League. David had Archie Comics.
David went to Camp Emma Farm. David went to the Ivy School of Art.
David performed stand-up comedy in his Freshman year at Ohio Wesylan in the Dad’s
Day Fall Festival. Our parents and I drove up for the event. He played trumpet in the band too but was looking over his notes for the stand up routine during the set.
David played Ping Pong and Dean Martin.
David drove Corvettes and a Mercury Cougar with hide-a way head lights.
David had moroccos in his closet and a bongo drum.
David and I waited for Diana Ross and The Supremes at The Steel Pier for nearly an hour before The Supremes rushed through a short set.
David and I waited for Diana Ross and The Supremes at The Steel Pier for nearly an hour before The Supremes rushed through a short set.
We looked out the window of our Atlantic City hotel room at the Traymore Hotel and thought about the future.
We saw Help together, and Come Blow Your Horn. We stayed and watched some of Come Blow Your Horn, twice.
We saw Help together, and Come Blow Your Horn. We stayed and watched some of Come Blow Your Horn, twice.
David had an easel and could pant and draw. He drew cartoons on a cotton sheet and gifted it to Flip Wilson. Flip Wilson met with David twice during a stay in Pittsburgh after performing at the Holliday House.
David was head counselor at Frick Parklett in the summer of 1968.
David taught me to listen to the radio under the pillow.
David and I sat in our father’s car and pretended we were traveling far away.
David was invited to mysterious private sessions by his 9th grade English teacher and we drove him to her apt. somewhere in Shadyside. once or twice.
David was a contestant on The Price is Right during the period celebrities would play for the audience member contestant. His friend’s celebrity answered correctly and won a trip to Paris. Davids’ celebrity, Charlie Weaver, made a joke out of the question and and answered incorrectly.
David was head counselor at Frick Parklett in the summer of 1968.
David taught me to listen to the radio under the pillow.
David and I sat in our father’s car and pretended we were traveling far away.
David was invited to mysterious private sessions by his 9th grade English teacher and we drove him to her apt. somewhere in Shadyside. once or twice.
David was a contestant on The Price is Right during the period celebrities would play for the audience member contestant. His friend’s celebrity answered correctly and won a trip to Paris. Davids’ celebrity, Charlie Weaver, made a joke out of the question and and answered incorrectly.
David had an open heart and the soul of a child. He was vulnerable like a child that got thrown into a fire and punished himself over the consequences.
David was in the audience the day a guest on The Dick Cavett Show dropped dead.
When I was in 11th grade, David took me to the Schaffer Music Festival in Central Park to see Bill Withers. I visited him at his W.86th and Riverside apt. His roommate was the young filmmaker Robert Bordega who would ask David where he goes when he leaves the apt. David would say: Left. Bordgea would shake his head and say BliwasWorld.
David was in the audience the day a guest on The Dick Cavett Show dropped dead.
When I was in 11th grade, David took me to the Schaffer Music Festival in Central Park to see Bill Withers. I visited him at his W.86th and Riverside apt. His roommate was the young filmmaker Robert Bordega who would ask David where he goes when he leaves the apt. David would say: Left. Bordgea would shake his head and say BliwasWorld.
David owned the 45 of Hang Down Your Head Tom Dooley, which I cracked in half hoping to discover the little musicians that must be inside. Our parents actually bought him another copy but it didn't sound the same.
David had a deck of cards that said David on the back of every card!
David brought our fathers penny gumball machine charms to school one day and the Science teacher Mrs. Strauchler called our house thinking they were precious stones.
David came to pick me up from 10th grade one afternoon and was parked outside the front of the school. A kid, who had been terrorizing me the entire year was insisting I fight him so we were taking off our jackets in preparation when David got out of the car and the kid backed down like silly putty.
I started an article about Elton John earlier that year and left the notes on the desk in his room. In the morning there was a typed up finished review better than I could have written all ready for me to take to school where it was published in the school newspaper.
I thought David learned to speak Korean when I visited him in Flushing right before I moved to New York. He seemed like Zelig transformed into an elderly Korean man even though he was only about 35.
David had a deck of cards that said David on the back of every card!
David brought our fathers penny gumball machine charms to school one day and the Science teacher Mrs. Strauchler called our house thinking they were precious stones.
David came to pick me up from 10th grade one afternoon and was parked outside the front of the school. A kid, who had been terrorizing me the entire year was insisting I fight him so we were taking off our jackets in preparation when David got out of the car and the kid backed down like silly putty.
I started an article about Elton John earlier that year and left the notes on the desk in his room. In the morning there was a typed up finished review better than I could have written all ready for me to take to school where it was published in the school newspaper.
I thought David learned to speak Korean when I visited him in Flushing right before I moved to New York. He seemed like Zelig transformed into an elderly Korean man even though he was only about 35.
David and I serviced a Rubber machine at the Edison Hotel in Downtown Pittsburgh and David was caught pocketing coins by the manger, who then locked me in an office with a German Shepherd and counted out the rest of the money we took from the machines while David waited in the car. This was our one and only service call together and it was lucky we both got out alive.

No comments:
Post a Comment